180 Degrees Consulting AGM
Tuesday 30 October 2012
5pm - 6pm
180 Degrees: Social Innovation Group
AGENDA OF A GENERAL MEETING OF 180 Degrees: Social Innovation Group
TO BE HELD AT 5PM ON 30 October 2012
IN THE Badham RM
Tom Devlin (President), Matthew Wallace (Vice President- Consulting), Sophie Stanton (Vice President- Events), John Tsaousidis (Secretary), Victor Chu (Treasurer), Madeline Want (Recruitment Director), Ed Miller (Sponsorship Director), Tim Blomfield (Operations Director).
1. OPENING AND WELCOME
2. APOLOGIES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
4. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
6. MOTIONS ON NOTICE
i. Amend Section 12 (2) of the constitution to read: "The total number of committee members is to be 5."
ii. Amend Section 12 (3) a-h of the constitution to read: "The office-bearers of the association are as follows:
(a) the president
(b) the vice-president
(c) the treasurer
(d) the secretary
(e) the social director"
iii. Add to the Constitution Sections 12 "(6) Appointment of Associate Committee Members may only occur during a meeting of the elected Committee Members at which all elected Committee Members are present.
(7) Each Associate Committee Member appointment requires support of three fifths of the elected committee.
(8) The elected Committee Members must appoint Associate Committee Members for at least the following positions:
(a) Consulting Director
(b) Recruitment Director
(d) Legal Officer
(9) Subject to Section 12 Clause 8, the elected Committee Members are free to select the number and portfolio of Associate Committee Members
(10) The nomination and subsequent election of Associate Committee members must be based on the following criteria: past experience within the club; demonstrated leadership ability; demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes
(11) Applications for the positions listed in Section 12 Clause 8 must be in writing, address the selection criteria in Section 12 Clause 10 and be submitted within 14 days of the opening of applications.
iv. Amend Section 13 (1) to read “The Executive each year shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting in the month of August.”
v. Amend Section 13 (3) to read "The term of the Executive shall commence at the close of
the semester in which the Annual General Meeting is held and end at the close of the semester in which the following Annual General Meeting is held, except for the Treasurer whose term shall commence immediately following the close of the Annual General Meeting and conclude at the close of the Annual General Meeting in the following year.”
i. Mover: Tom Devlin
ii. Seconder: John Tsaousidis
To obtain the text of the current constitution please email the secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. ANNUAL REPORTS
7.4 Other Executive Members
8. ELECTION OF THE EXECUTIVES
2. Vice President- Consulting
3. Vice President- Events
6. Sponsorship Director
7. Recruitment Director
8. Operations Director
Nominations can be sent to email@example.com and will close 24 hours prior to the AGM.
9. GENERAL BUSINESS
10. OTHER BUSINESS
11. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
12. CLOSE OF MEETING