0423 917 662
SASS General Meeting
Tuesday 31 July 2012
4pm - 5pm
Isabel Fidler Room, Level 2 Manning House
Sydney Arts Students Society
The proposed changes to be debated are as follows:
• S 3.1 Simplification of membership classes in accordance with the Clubs and Societies Handbook 2012, p. 3.
• S 3.2(b) “Applications for Ordinary Membership will not be processed prior to an Annual General Meeting if received less than seven (7) days before the advertised date of the AGM.”
• S 4.1 Removal of one (of two) Vice-President(s), one Publicity Director, one Archivist, one IT Director, and two O-Week Directors from Executive.
• S 4.1 Addition of one Marketing Director and one Sport Director to Executive.
• S 4.4 Removal of subsection concerning “Sydney University Arts Association.”
• S 4.5 to become 4.4.
• S 5.1 President’s duties include liaising with Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences on matters relating to student representation, and managing social media in conjunction with the Marketing Director.
• S 5.2 Vice President’s duties include serving as the primary point of contact for all Arts and Social Sciences students who enquire about Education or Welfare; and liaising with the Arts Network to coordinate joint activities.
• S 5.4 Secretary’s duties include compiling semesterly Event Guides for the Society’s members, detailing current and future activities.
• S 5.7 and 5.12 (to be S 5.8) The Marketing Director shall fulfil the duties of the Publicity and IT Directors in a single position.
• S 5.10 (to be): The Sport Director shall facilitate the Society’s involvement with the Interfaculty Sport program. The Sport Director shall also, where possible, organise internal sporting events and competitions for the Society.
• S 9.1 Proposed constitutional changes must be debated with fourteen (14) days notice.
• S 10.1(d) Signatories to the Society’s bank account shall be the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
• General corrections to grammar and formatting, and other minor changes throughout the document to ensure consistency with the above proposed amendments.